To make this Recipe Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake You’ll need the following
- 1/2 cup butter or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
How To Make Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add coconut extract. Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add to creamed mixture and continue beating while adding coconut and milk.
- Generously spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pour in batter. (Batter will be thick) Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes, checking for doneness as ovens vary. Makes 1 loaf. Can sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
To toast 1 cup of coconut spread on baking sheet in 325 degree oven for about 6 to 7 minutes. Shake pan a couple times to keep coconut from burning. Toast to a golden brown.