To make this Recipe Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas You’ll need the following
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature, divided [1/2 and 1/2]
- 1-2 (4 ounce) cans of green peppers
- 3 cups cooked grated chicken
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, grated, divided [1 cup; 1 cup)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, garnish, optional
How To Make Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Preheat oven 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a little nonstick spray.
In a mixing bowl, mix half cream cheese, chicken, cup of cheese, lemon juice, cumin and chili powder, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Take 1 tortilla and fill it with 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture, then place the seam side on the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortilla and the filling.
In saucepan on medium heat, dissolve butter. Beat in flour & cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Season with salt and pepper, then gradually beat in the chicken and green pepper broth. Add the remaining half of the cream cheese and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until firm.
Remove from heat and pour green chilli sauce over the enchiladas.
Putting rest cheese on top.
Placing baking dish in oven and baking for 23-26 minutes.
Optional: roast for 3-5 minutes, or until it’s light brown.
Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10-12 minutes
Garnish with fresh coriander, optionally