To make this Recipe Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad You’ll need the following
- Cucumbers: 2 large, peeled and thinly sliced
- Sweet onion: 1, thinly sliced
- Sea salt: 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise: 1 1/2 cups or more to taste
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- White sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Dried dill weed: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
How To Make Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad
1. To begin with, get a bowl and mix in together cucumbers, sweet onion, and sea salt then cover bowl with plastic wrap. And please let sit for half an hour.
2. At this stage, cucumber mixture shoud be turned into a colander set over a bowl or in a sink. Always remember to let drain for another half an hour, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has drained. Time done, go ahead and transfer drained cucumber mixture to a large bowl.
3. After that, you’ll want to stir mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl with a whisk until smooth. You can then pour over the cucumber mixture and stir to coat vegetables with the dressing.
4. To finish, make sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap and you’d best refrigerate for no less than 120 minutes before serving.